As a QE I have come across a number of people who have some sort of starting trouble with Flex Automation.As unlike a lot of other QTP add-ins flex expects you to make your application automatable in order to be recognized by QTP.
So I am just going to list a few basic things you should check through before you begin to dispair.
For Issues automation flex
- Ensure that you have installed the Flex add-in for QTP
- Ensure that you have selected both Flex and web add-ins in the add-in manager of QTP
- Now try to automate the automation enabled Flexstore example present on the web http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/samples/flex_store_v2/
- If you are able to automate the above flex app that proves that your QTP setup is up and working so there is either some security restrictions blocking you from automating your application,or something within your applciation architecture or more commonly you have not comipled your application with automation swcs.
- Check the above options and if you are still unable to automate your application then log a bug in the adobe bugbase with a small reproducable sample of your application so that the engineer can investiage further.Log the bug http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa under the category Flex Enterprise and Test Automation components.
A few Important points to note :
- Flex automation is only support on the Internet Explorer browser.
- Adobe has not official started supporting IE8 or QTP 10 as of now but we plan to support them for the upcoming release.
- QTP 9.5 + IE7 works
- QTP 9.5 + IE6 works
- QTP 9.2 +IE6 works
- QTP 9.2 +IE7 Does not work