Flex automation has been around for a long time but i still felt the need for this blog entry in order to welcome new users and to make their first step into the flex automation world a little easier.
Just follow the steps below and you should be able to start automating in no time.
- First you need to ensure that you have qtp installed on your machine (qtp version 9.5 or 9.2).
- Now download the qtp installer from here
- Unzip the file and click on Install_QTP.bat file.
- Now go to your flex project in flex builder and go to Project->Properties->Flex Compiler and in the additional compiler arguments text box enter replacing flash_builder_root with your install directory : -include-libraries “flash_builder_root\sdks\4.0.0\frameworks\libs\automation\automation.swc” “flash_builder_root\sdks\4.0.0\frameworks\libs\automation\automation_agent.swc” “flash_builder_root\sdks\4.0.0\frameworks\libs\automation\qtp.swc” “flash_builder_root\sdks\4.0.0\frameworks\libs\automation\automation_dmv.swc”
- Click on Apply and OK and go to Project->clean and clean the corresponding project.
- Now start QTP and select Flex and web add-in in the add in manager screen of QTP.
- Now run your application.